If you are interested in indoor rowing machines, surely you will know Concept2. They are suppliers of standard training and testing machines for competition rowers. So far, besides indoor rowing machines, they also produce skierg and bikeerg. Therefore, their equipment is found in most gyms.
Are you wondering about choosing Concept2 fitness equipment? Our following article will help you by offering the most outstanding equipment review of this reputable supplier.
Concept2 Model E Indoor Rowing Machine
When using Concept2 fitness equipment, you will be surprised by the smoothness of the working. However, this can be challenging because the intensity of the device can affect resistance. Besides, because it is well-built, it needs a large space. More specifically, this equipment size is 8 * 2 feet and you need to reserve a space of 9 * 4 feet for it.
- Reasonable price.
- The flywheel works very smoothly and quietly.
- The seat is quite high and accessible.
- Suitable for the space of both the apartment and the gym.
- Easy assembly. The assembly process may take only 15-30 minutes.
- Responsive resistance to the strokes.
- Spreadable pieces for easy storage.
- Good warranty.
- Equipped with backlit monitor 5.
- The weight of this machine is only 29kg so you can easily fold it into two pieces for storage.
- Great power of accommodation.
- Do not cause any movement when you are practicing.
- The PM5 control panel allows users to keep track of all their performance parameters.
- This machine has poor attachment capacity connected to chest strap, smartphone and computer. This creates excitement for practitioners.
- Very suitable for people who have mobility problems. This machine’s seat is 20 inches higher than the ground, making it easy to sit and get off.
- It is an everlasting indoor rowing machine. The moving parts of this machine are not wrong anywhere.
- The biggest disadvantage of this machine is probably the footprint. It occupies a large space in your place.
- You may find it difficult to fold it. This is a concern for many practitioners.
Concept2 Model D Indoor Rowing Machine
The Concept2 D Model is also one of the popular equipment you can see in most gyms. Because it is built professionally and meticulously, it works very smoothly without causing much jarring noise.
As an air rowing machine, The Concept2 Model D is equipped with air partitions to create resistance. A nickel-plated chain pulls the flywheel. Therefore, when practicing, you will resist the air pressure created by the fan.
- You can easily split it into two parts to store and have more living space.
- Wheels make it easy to move.
- Many trainers in gyms believe this machine tops the reputation, quality, construction, and performance.
- Can connect to a computer.
- Can withstand high intensity operation without causing much noise.
- Nickel plated chain with adjustable footrests.
- Easy to assemble, you only need about 5-10 minutes to assemble it.
- Price is quite high.
- Only suitable for people with available income levels.
In addition to the price factor, this machine has almost no other drawbacks.
Your first impression of SkiErg is that it’s like a wall-based rowing machine. It uses the same technology as Concept2 Model D. In fact, this equipment aims to mimic cross-country skiing movements. It provides a low-impact cardiovascular exercise that affects the muscles on the body.
SkiErg works by allowing you to pull down two handles that are connected to flywheels, which can be adjusted via a shock absorber. Your workout is then recorded on the dashboard, letting you know how far and how fast you went, along with indicators like your stroke speed.
- Good warranty.
- Your training parameters can be displayed clearly and accurately on the dashboard.
- There are custom features like resistance changes and straps.
- It takes up a lot of space in your living place.
- Its price is quite high.
The Concept2 BikeErg gives you all the features you need to practice. Although this new equipment has recently appeared, it is highly appreciated by coaches and is thought to be an interactive air resistance indoor cycling bike.
This equipment provides amazingly smooth movements. Its air barrier system can be flexibly adjusted. In addition, it can withstand users who weigh up to 300-pounds. Do not stop there, you can adjust its steering wheel and feel the movement freely as if you are cycling on the road. It even has the top 155mm q factor, giving you a safe, comfortable and efficient cycling.
- Durable. The Concept2 BikeErg is designed with commercial quality parts and aluminum frames, so it is lightweight but very durable and rugged.
- Good price. Despite the very good quality but surprisingly, the price of the Concept2 BikeErg is lower than most similar products of other suppliers.
- The assembly does not need much manipulation. With all the necessary tools and clear instructions with multiple images, you can completely assemble this equipment in a short time.
- Due to the four-way steering wheel adjustment feature and the same design as a conventional bike, this equipment easily creates harmony and comfort for everyone to practice. Even to adjust, you do not need to get off the bike. All you need to do is adjust the Bikeerg’s step-less lever.
- BikeErg’s PM5 monitor screen is capable of connecting to USB, Bluetooth, ANT + wireless connectivity, multiple heart rate belts, fitness equipment and other applications.
- Concept2 ErgData free app allows you to follow your training. You can fully synchronize with the Concept2 Online Logbook.
- Concept2 BikeErg has no SPD element, making it impossible for you to practice with it when wearing cycling shoes. Therefore, if you want to convert energy efficiently, you need to buy an SPD compatible pedal.
- To adjust horizontally on the seat, you need to spend a lot of time. Not only that, its range of fore/aft adjustment is also short. Therefore, the Concept2 BikeErg may not be suitable for some users.
- It causes more noise than friction resistance and magnetic resistance bikes.
- There are no tablet, phone and water bottle holders.
Above is our synthesis of Top Concept2 fitness equipment. Concept2 is a reputable supplier and you should consider buying one of their machines. If you have any questions about the above equipment, please leave a comment. We will answer as soon as possible. Wish you a good day!